Thursday 30 April 2009

The Giving Tree

Never in my life has a children's book made me cry. However, now at my 16 years of life, at the dawn of my 17th birthday, "The Giving Tree" has acomplished it. This book written and illustrated by Shel Silverstein narrates the story of a tree and a young boy. The boy would play with the tree and swing from tis branches, and eats its apples and sleep in the shade, and all was fine. However and unfortuantely, childhood doesn't last forever, and the boy grew up. 

You should definetely read this if you haven't and read it again if you have. Definetely a story that i will tell to my sons.

2 comments:

Christine said...

You have an award in my blog that I would like you to pick up .. :O)

Libertine said...

Congratulations on your award! Girls are here :-) I shall definately read the book, sounds great.